Who is the Best Accident Lawyer in Santa Rosa, California?
After a car accident, the days and weeks that follow will be filled with more questions than answers. How will I pay for my medical bills? How will I find a new car? Who is responsible for my accident? Who is the best accident lawyer in Santa Rosa?
These are all excellent questions, and you shouldn’t be placed in a situation to handle them alone. In fact, trying to manage your car accident by yourself may end up severely hurting your claim and leave you empty-handed. In order to answer all of your questions, it will be crucial to get a Santa Rosa accident attorney to guide you through the legal process.
When should I contact an Accident Attorney in Santa Rosa?
There were over 490,000 car accidents reported in California in 2016. Over 278,000 resulted in injuries. First, seek treatment for your injuries and allow authorities to collect data for a report. After this, contact a Santa Rosa accident law firm as soon as possible. Even if you believe that your injuries are not that serious or your car can be repaired, seeking proper medical and legal guidance is extremely important. Injuries have a strange way of showing up hours and even days after an accident. If you haven’t taken the right steps to secure legal representation, you risk never seeing any support or compensation for your accident.
Here are some other factors that should lead you to work with a Santa Rosa accident lawyer.
- Your Injuries Are Severe – If your car accident has resulted in serious injuries, especially those that have impacted your ability to work, you should seek a Santa Rosa accident lawyer.
- Police Report Isn’t Accurate – Authorities get things wrong. If a police report reveals that you were the person at fault for an accident, and you believe otherwise, it’s time to reach out to us.
- There Was a Fatality Involved – A car accident involving a fatality should always include an attorney. These cases are incredibility emotional and an attorney will help you, or your family, remain focused on the negligence of the claim and ensure justice is sought.
- An Insurance Company Isn’t Cooperative – Even if you have started to pursue a claim with the insurance company, you should still seek a Santa Rosa accident attorney. At times, the insurance companies will keep you waiting, hold out on compensation or even ask you to settle for less money.
You might be wondering why it is so crucial to contact an attorney quickly after an accident.
Here is what often happens. The at-fault driver will contact their insurance company (likely the same day) and begin their claim. This will alert the company that a legal case could be pending. Before the ink can dry on the accident report, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will reach out to you and start making you offers. This tactic is used to avoid paying you what you might be owed. Even if you don’t accept the offer but speak to their insurance company, you might say something or offer written statements that may end up hurting your car accident lawsuit.
Getting the Best Accident Lawyer in Santa Rosa, California
Now that you know how important it is to secure a car accident attorney in Santa Rosa; let’s take a look at the questions you should ask an attorney so you’re getting the best one for you.
Questions about the Law Firm
- Does this law firm work solely on car accidents, or does it do other types of legal work?
- How many car accident cases come through this firm each year?
- How many of those accidents settle in or out of court?
- Do multiple attorneys work on my case?
- How does this firm handle legal fees, can you explain the fee structure?
Questions for the Accident Attorney
- How long have you practiced accident law?
- Have you handled cases similar to mine?
- Do you actually appear in court if that is where my case leads?
- What can I expect from this process?
- What is your assessment of my claim and how might it play out?
- What is your legal philosophy/strategy on car accident claims?
- What law school did you attend?
- What professional associations are you a part of?
This is certainly not an exhaustive list of questions but is a good start to help you secure a car accident attorney in Santa Rosa. No matter what point you are in your car accident claim, we encourage you to connect with our Santa Rosa accident lawyers and contact us today. The Law Office of Erin Aaland is ready to hear your case and guide you in the best possible way.