Who is the Best Personal Injury Lawyer in Santa Rosa, California?
Personal Injury law makes up a significant amount of litigation taking place in America today. These cases require a person to prove substantial negligence. An experienced Santa Rosa personal injury lawyer can guide you through the legalities of a case like this and help you understand your rights.
You’ve been injured in an incident, but you are unsure if you should seek a legal claim against the party you believe is responsible. The pursuit of a personal injury case is somewhat intimidating, especially if an insurance company is contacting you and making brow raising offers. Before we discuss how to find the best personal injury lawyer in Santa Rosa, let’s first define what personal injury is.
Personal Injury Defined
In the event of wrongful events and conduct, personal injury law seeks to find remedies to correct or compensate those impacted by the illicit behavior. These types of cases are considered civil lawsuits and often never see a courtroom, as only 4% of these cases actually go to trial. Here are some examples of common personal injury litigation.
- Car Accident Cases – Car accident litigation is the leader in personal injury claims in California, but also in the country. Careless drivers can be held accountable for causing you, or those you love, harm. There are specific steps to take in car accident litigation and as a Santa Rosa personal injury lawyer, I would be happy to discuss those with you.
- Medical Malpractice – 15% of personal injury claims in America come from medical malpractice lawsuits. These cases are often complex and require a significant amount of legal, medical and financial documentation/research to work through.
- Slip and Fall Events – An estimated 17,000 people in America will experience a slip and fall incident this year. These cases involved both private and public spaces and impact people for months, and sometimes years, depending on the severity of their injuries.
- Defamation Cases – Libel and slander cases are also considered personal injury law. Anyone who has been the target of derogatory statements or images likely needs an attorney. Further, if you’ve experienced significant mental, emotional and financial damages due to slander, you should seek a Santa Rosa personal injury attorney to assist you.
- Dog Bites – Did you now that over 4.5-million people were the victims of dog bites in America last year? Dog bite litigation is still one of the most common personal injury cases seen in this country today.
- Assault and Battery Incidents – Intentional acts of violence on either a person or their property, fall under the personal injury legal umbrella. These events can include sexual assault, vandalism, or property damage as a result of a robbery or similar circumstances.
How to Find the Best Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
There are a few steps to take when it comes to identifying the right Santa Rosa personal injury lawyer for you. We have outlined our suggested steps below and hope they provide insight on how we serve our clients here at the Law Office of Erin Aaland.
- Research – Interview candidates who have experience in personal injury cases, especially cases that are similar to yours. Make sure your Santa Rosa personal injury lawyer has trial experience and can speak effectively about their understanding of negligence tortes. You might even want to ask your candidate(s) about their negotiating skills since so many of these cases require negotiation to be successful.
- Ask for Referrals – Once you narrow down your candidate(s), you might ask the Santa Rosa personal injury attorney to provide you with referrals of those who they have represented. Don’t rely on what you can google, as you cannot always trust what you read online or see on a TV commercial.
- Be Prepared – When you interview a personal injury attorney in Santa Rosa, be sure to walk in prepared to discuss your case. You will want to bring in your personal injury details including medical records, law enforcement reports, insurance correspondence and anything else a lawyer should know about your case. Bring a list of quality questions to ask the attorney as well, don’t rely on your memory to recall them when you’re sitting in their office.
- Understand the Fee Structure – It’s not always easy to discuss “money” with people you just met, but a Santa Rosa personal injury lawyer should have no problem explaining how their fee structures work, so you know exactly what to expect.
The Law Offices of Erin Aaland work on personal injury cases every day. Our practice is committed to clients no matter what side of the legal equation they might be on. Whether you are the victim of a personal injury case in Santa Rosa, or you are being sued for causing a personal injury, we are here to support you. Contact us today to set up an appointment so we can learn more about your claims and explain your legal rights.